Spinach is full of nutrients, it is good for your eyes as it contains two carotenoids called lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants reduce your risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. This recipe is tasty too!
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 350 g skinless smoked haddock, cut into chunks
* 150 g bag baby spinach
* 8 large eggs
* 50 ml double cream
* ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
* Chives or parsley
* 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the smoked haddock, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins. Add spinach and cook for a further 3 mins until wilted.
2. Preheat the grill to medium. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, and black pepper. Add most of the chives or parsley. Pour egg mixture into the pan and use a wooden spoon to spread it evenly between the fish. Cook over a low heat for 3-5min until egg is set around the edges.
3. Sprinkle over the grated cheese. Grill for a further 3-5min until the egg is cooked through and cheese is golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature, with a green salad.
source Good Housekeeping